A new Tucson International Airport (TIA) branding initiative launched this week with the release of a renamed and ‘refreshed’ website. The site, which can now be accessed at www.flytucson.com, sports a new look and simplified navigation.
“The website and other new marketing materials are designed to illustrate TIA’s ‘It’s the way to go’ brand proposition statement” said Mary Davis, senior director of business development and marketing for Tucson Airport Authority (TAA).
Davis said the branding statement was developed based on input from customers and other stakeholders who spoke with TAA business development staff about their perceptions and experiences at the airport.
“TIA is the way to go because of the convenient experience and because travelers who use their community’s airport help strengthen southern Arizona’s economy,” she said.
Working with marketing agency Big Communications, TAA has developed campaign materials including digital banners, radio, print and outdoor messages, to illustrate the benefits of using TIA—saving time and having a more convenient and pleasurable experience vs. other airports. The campaign also focuses on the overall value TIA brings to the region in terms of economic development, and the importance of “flying locally” to support those operations. The campaign will run through September.
The airport’s website offers information on parking, airlines and flights, fare deals, projects and more. Users who type in the former site address will automatically be redirected to the new site.
A mobile website is also available to provide instant access to real-time flight information. It is accessed by visiting the same URL on a mobile device.
Tucson-based Simpleview, Inc. is TAA’s website service provider.
- Think Global Flight Completes World Flight August 30, 2015
- $2 million donation from Schweitzer, SEL fuels Pullman-Moscow airport expansion August 30, 2015
- FAA releases B4UFLY App Beta Test for UAS Users August 30, 2015
- Lux Air Breaks Ground on $9.7 Million Project at Phoenix-Goodyear Airport
- FAA Approves First Complete Image Acquisition Drone Operation in Phoenix
- McDonough Earns Master CFI-Aerobatic Accreditation
- Ostreicher Returning to Aviation Department after Phoenix Hires New Public Information Director
- Denny Returning Home to Ohio as Columbus Regional Airport Authority’s VP of Asset Management
- Lake Havasu Hosts Airports Association Spring Conference
Over The Wing